Here are a few more tips for weathering this year’s cold and flu season:
- Wash clothing regularly and wear natural fibers. According to the study above, viruses and bacteria survive longer on synthetic fibers.
- Avoid shaking hands, especially if you suspect someone is sick.
- Steam clean surfaces in your home and office regularly. In the office, that includes desks, door handles and coffee stations; the most common places where germs lurk. At home, target hard surfaces in your kitchen and bathroom like handrails, tables, faucets and doorknobs for best results.
- Avoid antibacterial soap. Instead, wash hands with plain soap and water or use hand sanitizer sparingly.
- Sleep well and eat unprocessed, nutrient-rich foods to keep your immune system healthy and strong.
Easy to use and inexpensive to buy, steam cleaners can bring peace of mind to an unpredictable season.
At Reliable, we do what we love, and we take pride in doing it right. Quality, functionality, design and customer service play an equally important part in delivering what’s right for you. From irons to steam cleaners to sewing machines, you can count on us to be right there with you. That’s the Reliable Way.